Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by David Williams <Da...@interoute.com> on 2015/01/09 13:07:04 UTC

Global setting resourcecount.check.interval default of 0

Hi all,

We have noticed that the global setting resourcecount.check.interval has a default of 0 which according to the description, means never run:
      | category |               name               |           value            |                                                                                                                description
      | Advanced |   resourcecount.check.interval   |             0              |                                                              Time (in seconds) to wait before retrying resource count check task. Default is 0 which is to never run the task

Does anyone know why this global setting is needed? I mean, why does cloudstack not keep the counts up to date and correct anyway.

Does anyone know why the default value is 0 (never run)?

Can the default be set to something like 3600 instead of 0 in future releases?

Thanks,

Dave

RE: Global setting resourcecount.check.interval default of 0

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
Yeah, I don't think we should continue to keep the default configuration to not run this automatically. This process might consume additional resources on mgmt. server. From experience I haven't seen many complain about the resource count so this may not be an issue for all. So running this by default would effectively waste valuable system resources. Also note that this activity can also be triggered per domain/account manually from the UI.

Either way, it shouldn't be a big deal since the value is configurable and can be set to any value desired by the administrator.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.