Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by zhiming shen <zh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 05:31:41 UTC

Will Cassandra balance load across replicas?

Hi,

Can any one tell me whether Cassandra can do load balancing across
replicas? How to configure it for this purpose? Thanks very much.

Best Regards,

Zhiming

Re: Will Cassandra balance load across replicas?

Posted by Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>.
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM, zhiming shen <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. My question is about the impact of replication on
> load balancing. Say we have nodes ABCD... in the ring. ReplicationFactor is
> 3 so the data on A will also have replicas on B and C. If we are reading
> data own by A, and A is already very busy, will the requests be forwarded to
> B and C? How about update requests?

Google "cassandra dynamic snitch".

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com

Re: Will Cassandra balance load across replicas?

Posted by Watanabe Maki <wa...@gmail.com>.
In your case, cassandra will read the data from the nearest node, and read digest from other two nodes.
When those read meet requested consistency level, cassandra will return the result.

maki

From iPhone

Posted by zhiming shen <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Watanabe Maki <wa...@gmail.com>.