Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Chopek <mi...@d2earth.com> on 2001/06/04 23:56:15 UTC

DBI errors

Hi people;

Apache/1.3.12
Red Hat 6.2
mod_ssl/2.6.4
OpenSSL/0.9.5a
PHP/4.0.4pl1
Embperl/1.3.2
HTML::Embperl 1.3.2
mod_perl/1.23
(DSO)

Installed Embperl 1.3.2 and seems as if things went well, as the
test.pl reports "All test have been passed successfully!"

All the sample pages(non DBI) provided seem to work just fine but when I
try to run the DBIx::Recordset example(recordset.htm) provided I get one
error for MySQL and yet another for PostgreSQL.

With MySQL I get the "document contains no data" in the browser and
the following in the httpd error log ...  "child pid 24469 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)".

I read through all the archives and have tried a few things including
trying to run a stack backtrace to which I may have not done correctly
as at the end I got;

All test have been passed successfully!
Program exited normally.
(gdb) share
Symbols already loaded for /........
(gdb) bt
No stack.

With PostgreSQL using the same example page(DBIx::Recordset -
recordset.htm) I get this error...

[26259]ERR: 32: Line 21: Warning in Perl code: DBI->connect(friends) failed:
ERROR: Missing '=' after 'friends' in conninfo
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/Recordset.pm line 181

[26259]ERR: 24: Line 39: Error in Perl code: Can't call method "PrevNextForm"
on an undefined value at
/home/httpd/html/d2netwks/htdocs/emperl/dbi4.epl line 39.

Any ideas?

Would love to get both working...but any progress would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

--

       best regards
                -michael

Re: DBI errors

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> With MySQL I get the "document contains no data" in the browser and
> the following in the httpd error log ...  "child pid 24469 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)".

This because of some problem with mod_perl and PHP when both loaded in the
same Apache process. Search the embperl and/or modperl maillinglist archive
for a solution. (You may also try the mod_perl guide from perl.apache.org)

> With PostgreSQL using the same example page(DBIx::Recordset -
> recordset.htm) I get this error...
>
> [26259]ERR: 32: Line 21: Warning in Perl code: DBI->connect(friends)
failed:
> ERROR: Missing '=' after 'friends' in conninfo
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/Recordset.pm line 181

I guess you should give your db name as

'!DataSource' => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=friends'

This is the normal syntax for a DSN with DBD::Pg. See

perldoc DBD::Pg

for more informations.

Gerald