Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/19 15:43:54 UTC

Debugging with Ant

Greetings,

I've got a somewhat unusual setup for some specific reasons.  Without
getting into the reasons, I have:

1. my own build system (for a large Java app)
2. an Ant driver for my build system

Since I have the Ant driver, I can run my build system through NetBeans
just fine.  However, here is the problem.  When I want to debug the
program, I go through two steps:

a.  run the Ant target that (causes my build system) to deploy the app and
start tomcat

b. I manually attach to the correct debug port through NetBeans

After that, I can debug just fine.  So here is my question.

It would be nice to have a button that:

A. runs a pre-defined Ant target
B. waits a few seconds for tomcat to semi-start
C. attach to the debug port

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!

Blake McBride