Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dirk <no...@gmx.net> on 2010/03/30 14:05:12 UTC

svn:eol-style does not work on update

Hello,

i've enabled

enable-auto-props=yes

and

*.php=svn:eol-style:native

on linux...

but when i "svn update" i still have msdos linefeeds in the php file... even when i delete the php file before updating..

i am using only the client... no idea where or what the server is...

Dirk

Re: svn:eol-style does not work on update

Posted by Dirk <no...@gmx.net>.
Tino Schwarze wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 04:05:12PM +0200, Dirk wrote:
>
>> i've enabled
>>
>> enable-auto-props=yes
>>
>> and
>>
>> *.php=svn:eol-style:native
>>
>> on linux...
>>
>> but when i "svn update" i still have msdos linefeeds in the php file... even when i delete the php file before updating..
>
> The auto-props only work for add and import. You need to set them
> manually for files which are already there. It should be possible to set
> them after checkout:
> svn propset svn:eol-sty.e native yourfile.php
>
> Then commit. Maybe you need to delete the file and "svn update" it again
> to make SVN check out a fresh copy - I'm not sure how it behaves.
>
> HTH,
>
> Tino.

Thanks.

:)

Re: svn:eol-style does not work on update

Posted by Tino Schwarze <su...@tisc.de>.
Hi Dirk,

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de

Re: svn:eol-style does not work on update

Posted by Tino Schwarze <su...@tisc.de>.
Hi Dirk,

Posted by Dirk <no...@gmx.net>.
> There is a svn_apply_autoprops as part of the subversion distribution
> (in contrib, I think), which will apply your current auto props to a
> working copy.
>
> My current copy of that script is attached - needs python.
>
> I use it a lot, and it works well for me.
> Tony Butt
> CEA Technologies

Thanks. I already tried Tino's tip and it worked. The msdos linefeeds are gone permanently.

Re: svn:eol-style does not work on update

Posted by Tony Butt <to...@cea.com.au>.

--
Tony Butt <to...@cea.com.au>