Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Claus Goettfert <cl...@gmx.net> on 2002/05/21 00:32:07 UTC

accessing file via slide

hi all,

I use retail slide 1.0.16 and run into problems when trying to access a
file via slide. I used an example posted previously here but I always get a
nullpointerexception whatever path variation I try on line

             NodeRevisionDescriptors revisionDescriptors =
content.retrieve(slideToken, "/files/test.txt");

I use slide out of the box except adding a user for accessing the tomcat
manager (via tomcat-users.xml) and setting a password for user john in
/conf/slide/slide.data.

I used the user john to add the "test.txt" file to /files/ via "my network
places". so there is a file "/files/test.txt" via webdav client and a file
called "jakarta-slide/server/contentstore/files/test.txt_1.0" even after
stopping, restarting slide.

additionally changing the "rootpath" in domain.xml doesn't seem to have any
effect (see below?). slide always stores files in
jakarta-slide/server/contentstore (slide server started from
jakarta-slide/server/, the Domain.xml file is also located at
jakarta-slide/server/Domain.xml).

here is my sourcecode:

<--->
PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
    try{
             NamespaceAccessToken token = Domain.accessNamespace(new
SecurityToken(""), "slide");

             Structure structure = token.getStructureHelper();
             Security security = token.getSecurityHelper();
             Lock lock = token.getLockHelper();
             Content content = token.getContentHelper();

             CredentialsToken credToken =
                 new CredentialsToken(new String("john"));
             SlideToken slideToken = new SlideTokenImpl(credToken);

            // structure.create(slideToken, new SubjectNode(),
"/files/slideTestFolder");

             NodeRevisionDescriptors revisionDescriptors =
content.retrieve(slideToken, "/files/test.txt");

              } catch (Exception ex) {
              ex.printStackTrace(out);
          }

<-->

when executing the servlet slide throws exceptions like:

ClassCastException: slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore
ClassCastException: slidestore.reference.FileContentStore
ClassCastException: slidestore.reference.DefaultStore

or warnings like:
org.apache.slide.common.Domain - WARNING - Service memory
(org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore) access error :
org.apache.slide.common.SlideException: caus is empty

and a nullpointerexception.

all on line:

             NamespaceAccessToken token = Domain.accessNamespace(new
SecurityToken(""), "slide");

can anyone please give me some hints what is wrong? or point me to some
examples how to use the slide api (simple file access, property access or
similar)? i didn't find anything, the examples provided seem to cover some
other topics.

regards,

claus goettfert