Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Moazzam <ma...@etilizepak.com> on 2004/04/08 18:19:10 UTC

XML vs Text Files

i have 632 MB of data and probably 1500 MB data in future . I have to export data form one database and import into another .
Shouid i use plain text files export or xmlbeans export.

Which will be better and why.

workin at a data intensive , misssion critical application.

adios

Re: XML vs Text Files

Posted by Dutta Satadip <s-...@sbcglobal.net>.
Hello,
I am not sure if I get the question accurately, but it seems that you just want to export data from one DB to another. Some of the addtional data points that would be useful are
-What kind of DB.
-is it between the same DB - SqlServer ->SqlServer or SQLServer->Oracle
-is it a Native XML DB

Most DB's have very good import export functionality and it would be worthwhile to examine those first.

There are other cases in which the data that needs to be transfered needs some specific transformations before it is loaded into a new database. In this case  using a XML approch might be more useful.

Having said this, it would be better if you can outline what you are attempting to accomplish and see if using the XML approach suits best to your problem.

With Regards
Dutta:)

Re: XML vs Text Files