Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl> on 2005/04/11 14:33:05 UTC

Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack size.

Hello,

My Tomcat logs this in catalina.out.

Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack size.

I don't see a stack trace, so I can't figure out what is really going wrong here.
My current setup is jdk 1.4.2_08 on linux 2.6.x with Tomcat 5.0.28. We are using these parameters to start Java/Tomcat: -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60. Tomcat is clustered with 3 nodes.

Is this a known problem for anybody? Does increasing -Xss solve the problem or does it only make it happen less often?

We are running a heavy webapp with 2500 users logged in for 8 hours a day (so sessions live long).

Ronald.