Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/25 15:15:21 UTC

How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Hi Guys,

We have cluster with two data nodes. We configured data replication factor
two.
when  i copy data  to hdfs, Data's are not fully replicated. It's says * Number
of Under-Replicated Blocks : 15115*
How to manually invoke the Data replication in HDFS.

I restarted cluster also. It's not helps me

Please guide me guys.

-Dhanasekaran.

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
as shashwat suggested  run the command

$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop dfs -setrep -R -w 2 /

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com>.
HI Nitin

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
The problem may be in default replication factor, which is 3, so first
check in hdfs-site.xml for replication factor is specified or not. if it
not add that parameter and restart the cluster   ---> first option

2nd Option : change the replicatio factor of the root directory of hdfs to
2 using following command

bin/hadoop dfs -setrep -R -w 2 /

this will chage the replication factor 2 two.

this problem may be also because you have two datanodes and replication
factor is 3. so you can think of the senario when you have two bucket and
you have 3 objects to keep.

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com>.
HI Nitin

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com>.
HI Nitin

Posted by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com>.
HI Nitin

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have cluster with two data nodes. We configured data replication factor
> two.
> when  i copy data  to hdfs, Data's are not fully replicated. It's says * Number
> of Under-Replicated Blocks : 15115*
> How to manually invoke the Data replication in HDFS.
>
> I restarted cluster also. It's not helps me
>
> Please guide me guys.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have cluster with two data nodes. We configured data replication factor
> two.
> when  i copy data  to hdfs, Data's are not fully replicated. It's says * Number
> of Under-Replicated Blocks : 15115*
> How to manually invoke the Data replication in HDFS.
>
> I restarted cluster also. It's not helps me
>
> Please guide me guys.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have cluster with two data nodes. We configured data replication factor
> two.
> when  i copy data  to hdfs, Data's are not fully replicated. It's says * Number
> of Under-Replicated Blocks : 15115*
> How to manually invoke the Data replication in HDFS.
>
> I restarted cluster also. It's not helps me
>
> Please guide me guys.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Nitin Pawar

Re: How to start Data Replicated Blocks in HDFS manually.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have cluster with two data nodes. We configured data replication factor
> two.
> when  i copy data  to hdfs, Data's are not fully replicated. It's says * Number
> of Under-Replicated Blocks : 15115*
> How to manually invoke the Data replication in HDFS.
>
> I restarted cluster also. It's not helps me
>
> Please guide me guys.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Nitin Pawar