Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> on 2008/06/11 06:48:37 UTC

1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc11 is up for testing and
signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is another step in our
asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.

http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc11/

You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate
is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
to people not interested in test-driving the new release.

Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
summarized at the above address.

The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the
pre-releases and the final release, so if people install the release
candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
unrepairably when they upgrade to 1.5.0 proper.  We don't want that kind
of bad publicity, and neither do you.

-Hyrum

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc11/

  +1 to release.

Paranoia:

  Verified md5sums and sha1sums.  Verified that the .bz2 and .gz
  uncompress to exactly the same tarball, in both deps and non-deps
  cases.  Verified that all were signed with Hyrum's key 4E24517C.
  Verified that the trees in the deps tarball exactly match the releases
  they claim to match, by downloading from upstream and comparing:
  apr-1.2.12, apr-util-1.2.12, neon-0.28.2, serf-0.2.0, zlib-1.2.3.

Environment:

  Debian GNU/Linux ('testing' distro, very recently dist-upgraded)
  Linux 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP

Dependencies:

  APR / APR-UTIL 1.2.12
  Apache httpd 2.2.8
  Neon 0.28.0
  Serf r1190 (0.2.1, really -- my local serf comes from a working copy)

Tested:

  [ fsfs ] x [ ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf ]

  (Installing with BDB is still broken locally for me, sigh.
   I don't think that's a Subversion problem, though.)

Results:

  All tests passed.

Signatures:

::: subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2 :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc11.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2 :::

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hyrum, files have been mirrored to tigris.

Mark

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

Windows XP:

ra_local | ra_ svn X fsfs | bdb
JavaHL

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip

subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc11.zip

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 23:48 -0700, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc11 is up for testing and
> signing.

    +1 to release

Tested:

    [ bdb, fsfs ] x [ local, svn ] + pl + py

Results:

    All tests pass.

OS/Platform:

    SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.1 (i686, kernel 2.6.13)

    Using in-tree build of subversion-deps packages:
       neon

    Using SuSE distribution-supplied packages:
       apr      libapr1-1.2.2-13.2
       apr-util libapr-util1-1.2.2-13.2
       bdb      db-4.3.29-15.2
       openssl  openssl-0.9.8a-18.23
       perl     perl-5.8.8-14.2
       python   python-2.4.2-18.10
       zlib     zlib-1.2.3-15.2

Signatures

    ::: subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2 :::

    ::: subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.gz :::

- Julian

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc11 is up for testing and
> signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is another step in our
> asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc11/

SUMMARY:

   +1 for release.

TESTED:

   Verified md5sums and sha1sums.

Centos 4.1 i386 and x86_86:

   apr 1.2.12
   apr-util 1.2.12
   bdb 4.6.21
   neon 0.28.2
   swig 1_3_25

   [ ra_local, ra_svn ] x [ bdb, fsfs ]
   javahl
   perl 5.8.5
   python 2.4.1
   ruby 1.8.5

RESULTS:

   All tests passed.

Compared the uncompressed tar.bz2 and tar.gz files and they match byte for byte.
  Did a recursive diff between r31699 and the main distribution files and they
match minus svn:keyword differences.  Did a recursive diff -ruw between the
tarballs and the zip file and they match.

Regards,
Blair

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.gz

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
+1 to release

Ubuntu 6.06/i386: ra-{local,svn,dav}, java, perl, python, ruby
Windows XP/i386: ra-{local,svn}

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.gz.asc

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip.asc

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

RE: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.
Hi All,

Got some tests failing when ran through the testsuite with all testcases,
when later ran them individually they succeeded, it should be our testsuite
issue which I can not consistently reproduce.

Ran make check * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs)
All tests PASSed.
Ran make svnserveautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs)
All tests PASSed.
Ran make davautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs) * (HTTP_LIBRARY=neon).
All tests PASSed.

Ran make davautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs) * (HTTP_LIBRARY=serf).
Apart from authz_tests.py tests 1 and 12, rest of the other tests have
PASSed.

+1 to release as serf is still experimental.

My signature for subversion-1.5.0-rc11.tar.bz2(Signed from other box where my
digital fingerprint could be different, I am not sure how to use the same
fingerprint across different boxes.

Thanks
With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On 6/11/08, Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc11 is up for testing and
> signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is another step in our
> asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc11/
>
> You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
> enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate is
> not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available to
> people not interested in test-driving the new release.

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) | http (serf) ]
JavaHL Bindings

SUCCESSFULLY BUILT BUT NOT TESTED:
----------------------------------
Perl Bindings
Python Bindings

SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

RESULTS:
--------
All tests pass except the well know failures of:

[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ http (serf) ]
FAIL:  authz_tests.py 1: authz issue #2486 - open root
FAIL:  authz_tests.py 12: test authz for locking

As serf is still offcially experimental this should not prevent release.

VERIFIED:
-------
http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc11/milpitas-bonsai/subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip:

C:\Downloads\1.5.0.RC11>gpg --verify subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 06/11/08 01:57:09 using DSA key ID 4E24517C
gpg: Good signature from "Hyrum K. Wright (Personal) <hy...@hyrumwright.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Hyrum K. Wright (UT) <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 3324 80DA 0F8C A37D AEE6  D084 0B03 AE6E 4E24 517C

MD5: 57a6d7f5dee37fa80e1a242c9166cad2
SHA1: 4622c965b2ce77031fb7c7c47f64976ee70d2510

Excepting subversion/include/svn_version.h and www/hacking.html, the
contents of subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip match
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.5.x@31699

PLATFORM (all but the JavaHL tests which were done on another Win32 box):
---------
Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
AMD Athlon X2
MS Visual C++ 6.0 SP6
VMWare Player 2.0.0 build-45731

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
apr: 0.9.13
apr-util: 0.9.12
neon: 0.28.0
zlib: 1.2.3
OpenSSL: 0.9.8d
Apache: 2.0.59
BDB: 4.4.20 http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/32472/db-4.4.20-win32.zip
serf: 0.2.0

SIGNATURE:
-----------
User: Paul T. Burba (pburba) <pa...@softlanding.com>
1024-bit DSA key
ID 53FCDC55
created 2006/06/21

subversion-1.5.0-rc11.zip:

Paul

Re: 1.5.0-rc11 up for signing/testing

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Jens Peters wrote:
>> You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
>> enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome.
>
> Just for the record:
>
> [bdb | fsfs] x [local | svn (incl. sasl) | http (neon)]
>
> Results:
>
> All tests passes.
>
> Build but not tested:
> javahl, patched with http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2008-06/0625.shtml
> (seems to work fine in subclipse 1.4/eclipse 3.4M6 x64).
> python bindings (seems to work fine with ViewVC, ActiveState Python 2.5
> x64).
> perl bindings.
>
> Dependencies:
> Apache 2.2/APR 1.2.12
> Bdb 4.6.21
> svn_libintl, based on gettext 0.14.6
> openssl 0.9.8h
> Neon 0.28.2
> zlib 1.2.3
> Cyrus-sasl 2.2.22
>
> Everything is compiled from source with VS2008 (Release, x64).
>
> System:
>
> Windows Vista Business x64, Visual Studio 2008 (Release, x64).

Good to know.  Thanks!

Posted by Jens Peters <jp...@gmx.de>.