Posted to user@ant.apache.org by lo...@bnpparibas.com on 2003/02/07 10:41:53 UTC

Réf. : AW: AW: ANT&J2EE IDEs

I shall say that IntelliJIDEA is really cool for development, moreover, it
can
use ant scripts. On the other hand, Eclipse provides pluggins
functionnalities
like embeding JBoss, XDoclet... search for JBoss IDE ;-)

Loïc

Extranet
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de - 07/02/2003 10:38

Veuillez répondre à ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Pour : ant-user

cc :

Objet :     AW: AW: ANT&J2EE IDEs

My company gave me JBuilder, so I have no experience with Eclipse,
NetBeans,
But I bet, there are other on this mailing list who have experience :-)

Jan Matèrne

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Info <In...@kjs-a.com>.
1. if you <exec> anything you can get the result code into a property; look
up <exec>
p124-131 for xml and ?ExecTask class?
2. are you trying to set the exit code of ant so that containers can call
it? It could be done with a new task <setExitCode code="234" /> *and* the
changes to ant.Main to pick this up and return it.

ForJava I currently use System.exit(nbr); so I am not seeing the need for a
new task "unless" ANT cannot see this exit value.  Could the Execute class
getExitValue method be used to see the System.exit value?  Or is it just
local to the process?  Okay, back to the books to see where I am missing the
answer in <exec>.

In the Execute class I see methods getExitValue and setExitValue.  Are these
seen and usable by ANT - specificially the setExitValue?  Could I use the
setExitValue with "if errorlevel"?  Is the value persistent? Is the value
stored in system space (heap)?  Can ANT see and use these values by using
<exec> processing as mentioned in the #1 response?  The docs seem silent to
me.  So, back to the books and the docs again!

jimS (info@kjs-a.com)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Info <In...@kjs-a.com>.
[...]
dealing with the outliars and processing leverage-points)!  We have found
our winGate systems run out of resources if the code is written the way it
should be - hence the reason we are doing this in a step'd-wise way.

Now all that said, give me your best shot.  Maybe you have something that is
ANT-better?  It just has to fit on the winGate systems!

jimS (info@kjs-a.com)