Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org> on 2023/05/16 03:01:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] cordova-android 12.0.0 Release

Does anyone have any reason to delay a release for cordova-android?

* cordova-android (12.0.0)

https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/compare/rel/11.0.0...master

Any additional outstanding changes to land?

If not, I will start the release process shortly

Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-android 12.0.0 Release

Posted by Norman Breau <no...@nbsolutions.ca>.
Even better... that just means we aren't on any real timeline.
I think we'd probably still want to support for AGP 8 on our next major
though (e.g. cordova-android@13)

I think AGP 8 is too much of a breaking change to include in this
release. I'd prefer that we release cordova-android@12 with AGP 7 as it
does now.
This will get the platform out to people and we can start focusing on
updating plugins that requires changes for API 33. I believe this is
mainly plugins
that works with/uses external storage.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.