Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Wilson <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/04 12:23:59 UTC

Custom Standard Classloader

Hi there,

I'd like to specify a custom implementation of 'StandardClassLoader' for
Tomcat 6. I've written such an implementation of
'org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader' and dropped it onto the
classpath (using the Eclipse launch configuration). However, I get an error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina

It seems that only the lib/* jars are available at this point in time, and
not bootstrap.jar.

What's the correct way to override the StandardClassLoader?

Regards,
Paul

Re: Custom Standard Classloader

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 4 Nov 2011, at 11:24, Paul Wilson <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to specify a custom implementation of 'StandardClassLoader' for
> Tomcat 6.

Why?

> I've written such an implementation of
> 'org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader' and dropped it onto the
> classpath

What does the above mean, exactly?
Sounds like that's what broke it.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Custom Standard Classloader

Posted by Paul Wilson <pa...@gmail.com>.
I'm hoping to replace it with an aspect weaver.

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.