Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com> on 2009/04/12 02:02:08 UTC

WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: NotReplicatedYetException sleeping

I getting a bunch of WARNS
WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: NotReplicatedYetException sleeping

This is only happening on the hlogs on the servers while under heave import
30K/sec on 7 server
I tried to bump the hlog size between rolls to 100K in stead of 10K thing
that would help but the problem is still there
but not as much sense the logs are not rolling as often.

not sure if hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries would help any one else seen
this I am running 0.19.2-dev branch

Billy

Re: WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: NotReplicatedYetException sleeping

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
greping the datanode looks like I get these messages when it happends

[root@server-5 hadoop]# tail -n500 -f hadoop-root-datanode-server-5.log |
grep WARN
2009-04-12 01:06:51,099 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):Failed to transfer blk_9059760482849889388_248126 to
10.0.1.4:50010 got java.net.SocketException: Original Exception :
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
2009-04-12 01:06:53,033 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):Got exception while serving blk_865228606208483123_247552 to
/10.0.1.5:
2009-04-12 01:06:58,400 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):Got exception while serving blk_-2405312561519352544_247560
to /10.0.1.5:
2009-04-12 01:07:06,154 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):Got exception while serving blk_-7270111728792506289_247565
to /10.0.1.5:

[root@server-5 hadoop]# tail -n500 -f hadoop-root-datanode-server-5.log |
grep ERROR
2009-04-12 01:06:58,400 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):DataXceiver
2009-04-12 01:07:06,154 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
DatanodeRegistration(10.0.1.5:50010,
storageID=DS-234949010-10.0.1.5-50010-1237522267977, infoPort=50075,
ipcPort=50020):DataXceiver

Not sure if I need to bump handles for the datanodes or not?

Billy

"Andrew Purtell" <ap...@apache.org> wrote in
message news:479243.71024.qm@web65516.mail.ac4.yahoo.com...

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.