Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Surbhi Gupta <su...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/24 20:29:22 UTC

Dont want to split sstables for repaired and non repaired while repairing with -pr option

Hi,

I dont want to split sstables ,repaired and non repaired , while repairing
with -pr option.

nodetool repair -pr splits the sstable into repaired and non repaired and
disk size increases.

I dont want to increase the disk size.
What are my options ?

Thanks
Surbhi

Re: Dont want to split sstables for repaired and non repaired while repairing with -pr option

Posted by Kane Wilson <k...@raft.so>.
Yes you should avoid doing incremental repairs.

Either use nodetool repair -full or ideally use subrange repair (-st and
-et). Probably want to look into cassandra-reaper as the commonly accepted
repair management tool. It performs subrange repairs.

Cheers,
Kane

raft.so - Cassandra consulting, support, and managed services

Posted by Bowen Song <bo...@bso.ng>.
You can use nodetool repair with either -dc DC or -st START -et END to
avoid the anticompaction.

I would highly recommend you to try Cassandra reaper
<http://cassandra-reaper.io/>, it makes life a lot easier.