Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 07:14:04 UTC

Spark DateChooser/DateField component

Hi

I'm looking for Spark DateField and/or DateChooser components. In dev
mail archives I could find following two threads referring a
DateChooser or DateField.

* [1] DateChooser in adobe.next branch
* [2] DateChooser by francois de campredon [3] and tink mentioned he
is working on a date component in his whiteboard. tink are you still
following this list? Any updates on that component?

Are there any other known DateChooser or DateFields out there?

Cyrill

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/h4l7socm7icxju2l
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/4h5jiamazec57fok
[3] https://github.com/fdecampredon/SparkComponents

Re: Spark DateChooser/DateField component

Posted by Maxime Cowez <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think it would be interesting if the DateField were combined with
"MaskedTextInput" component. By MaskedTextInput I mean a TextInput that has
a text mask (e.g. dd/mm/yyyy for a date) in which the user can type his
values (numeric only in case of DateField) without using the mouse. In a
DateField component the user would still be able to use the DateChooser
instead of using keyboard input.

I don't know whether such a MaskedTextInput is already in the works. I have
created one, and it's stable enough for production, but unfortunately it's
definitely not share-with-the-community quality (not to say it's rather
hackish). I also used this component to create a Spark-ish DateChooser. I
say Sparkish because it still wraps the old mx DateChooser. Just so you get
an idea of what I mean, this is what it looks like:
 - active state: http://imgur.com/xyu3OkW
 - inactive state: http://imgur.com/TeFyybl

Cheers,
Max