Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Sana Riaz <sa...@xflowresearch.com> on 2019/01/10 09:44:01 UTC

UmlsLookupAnnotator.xml does not give sign/symptom, disease/disorder in identifiedAnnotation for CDA documents

Hi, I am doing NLP research on some clinical documents using cTAKES and I
am a little stuck at a point.
I have created a pipeline similar to "AggregateCdaUMLSProcessor" in which i
want to use dictionary_lookup "UmlsLookupAnnotator" instead of
"DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUmls".
The identifiedAnnotation given by UmlsLookupAnnotator does not include
Sign/Symptoms, Disease/Disorder or Proceedure Mentions etc. I have done
required sofa Mapping in java . The pipeline works fine for plaintext
document but doesn;t give the above mentioned annotations for CDA. I have
tested the CDA document using AggregateCdaUMLSProcessor and it gives the
above mentioned annotations (except MedicationMention which I also need) .
Can you give me any suggestion about what can I try or what is wrong?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Sana Riaz
AI/ML Engineer,  xFlow Research Inc.