Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/07/20 09:20:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0-beta-6 Released

The Tomcat team is proud to announce the availability of the latest beta
release of Tomcat 4.0.  This next-generation servlet and JSP container
boasts the following new and improved features:
* Fix for the security vulnerability reported on July 16, 2001.
* Support for the "Proposed Final Draft 3" versions of the Servlet 2.3
  and JSP 1.2 Specifications.
* Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
* Support for executing external CGI scripts and programs.
* An updated version of the Apache web connector (binaries for various
  platforms will be available soon)
* A new experimental installer for the Windows platform that lets you
  download and install Tomcat 4.0 in a manner typical of other Windows
  based programs (including installation of Tomcat as an NT service).

Binary distributions of Tomcat 4.0-beta-6 are available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-b6/

and source distributions are available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-b6/src/

Please see the included RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-B6.txt file for details about
the changes included in this release.

Craig McClanahan

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0-beta-6 Released

Posted by Mark Dzmura <md...@digital-mission.com>.
I second the motion - where is the Apache connector in 4.0b6??

In 4.0b5, the directory src/connectors contained C code for the Warp/Apache stuff.

In 4.0b6, the src/connectors directory is gone (not in either src or binary dist)!!

Should we get it from the CVS server ??

Mark

--
Mark Dzmura
Digital Mission LLC

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0-beta-6 Released

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Look in the CVS repository jakarta-tomcat-connectors.

Glenn

Posted by Jeff Hoare <jh...@ihug.com.au>.
Ok,

Posted by Ken Torimaru <ke...@clickz.com>.
NEVER MIND
I just need to recompile my applications.

Have I done something wrong or do the directory
listing still read "Apache Tomcat/4.0-b5"?

Posted by Ken Torimaru <ke...@clickz.com>.