Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Pearsall, Kyle" <Ky...@cis.canon.com> on 2001/01/16 19:13:47 UTC

Mapping a context outside of the tomcat/webapps directory

Hi,

On a Solaris 8 server, I mapped a context outside of the tomcat/webapps
directory.  Specifically, it was in /export/home, the main user folder.  I
modified the configuration files as instructed, but no matter what I tried,
I could not get servlets to work from this directory.  I even copied over
the example servlets from /tomcat/webapps/examples.  Although the static
pages worked, the servlets still would not.  After trying several things, I
gave up and put the directory back into tomcat/webapps, modified the
configuration files to reflect the change, and then everything worked fine.

Does tomcat allow context mapping to folders other than the child
directories under /tomcat/webapps along with servlet functionality?  Or
should I just stick with the tomcat/webapps?

Thanks,

Kyle