Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com> on 2003/04/23 20:56:57 UTC

html:rewrite possible bug

We use the rewrite tag occasionally within some javascript.  We have
never used it with more than one parameter until today.

Today when trying though, the outputted html is incorrect.

Snippet:
<<<<<<<<<<<
<%      java.util.Hashtable parms = new java.util.Hashtable();
         parms.put ( "PARAM1", "1" );
         parms.put ( "PARAM2", "2" );
         pageContext.setAttribute( "parms", parms ); %>
     <!--
     function MsgWindow()
     {
             newWindow = open("<html:rewrite href="/SomeLink"
name="parms" />", .......

The expcted Output is /SomeLink?PARAM1=1&PARAM2=2

Instead, we get /SomeLink?PARAM1=1&amp;PARAM2=2
(NOTE THE &amp;)

Is this a known issue?

html:rewrite & sslext:rewrite are affected the same way.

Neither html:link or sslext:link show this behavior. (Docs say they
should behave the same minus the "<a href..." part)

We are using 1.1rc1
I tried an older version and the same behavior was present.

TIA
-Dennis