Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ajay mangalam <aj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/22 18:08:45 UTC

[users@httpd] cross domain user authentication on apache

Hi:

I am trying to provide password protection for directories which are located in different domain. One domain is on unix and the other one is on windows 2000. Right now I have got .htaccess on both the domain for user verification.

The problem with that is that it pops the login box twice, one for each domain, even if the login name and password is same for both the domain.

I am looking for some kind of directory protection mechanism such that the user has to log in only once to access directories on both the domain.

Any help will be appreciated.