Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2002/02/12 13:59:20 UTC

controlling cocoon cache per pipeline?

I have a pipeline in sitemap for generating svg graphics.

Everytime a user accesses it, it gets called but is there anyway to cache
the grpahics so that next time, a "cached-file" gets sent instead of going
through the xsp, transform, serializer steps to generate a new one?

Or can we generate those files dynamically and get them written to the disc
while serving the image when the pipeline first gets called, then we can
retrieve the file into the piple line next time it is called? Hope I am
clear on my question!

Also is it possible to set up a pipeline so that when it is called, cocoon
will clear "certain" cache from the disc/memory? I might need to do that
once per day if I can cache those images...

I am using the latest release of Cocoon 2.0.1 running on Tomcat 4.0.1.

Regards
Alban

RE: controlling cocoon cache per pipeline?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: Tsui, Alban [mailto:Alban.Tsui@COGNOS.com]
> >
> > I have a pipeline in sitemap for generating svg graphics.
> >
> > Everytime a user accesses it, it gets called but is there anyway to
> cache
> > the grpahics so that next time, a "cached-file" gets sent instead of
> going
> > through the xsp, transform, serializer steps to generate a new one?
>
> Pipeline is cached automatically when every step in the pipeline can be
> cached.

Read: When every step in the pipeline can be cached.

As you mentioned XSP (which are not cachable by default) I suggest
adding a generateKey method to your XSP (there are cocoon samples for
it in src/webapp/docs/samples/xsp/cacheable.xsp).

Giacomo

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.