Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Carlos Villegas <ca...@uniscope.jp> on 2015/01/30 09:51:35 UTC

getting chunk of zero bytes in output

Hi,

I'm trying to transform a large file that contains lots of elements,
some large CALS tables with lots of entries.
The transformation doesn't fail, no out of memory errors, but the output
(StreamResult) contains a chunk to zero bytes, about 10KB, in the middle
of the file: starts with with normal XML, zero bytes chunk and then
continues with normal XML. The total file size is 12MBytes, which I
don't think is very big.
It's only happening for a particular data file, the largest one, other
slightly smaller files with similar complexity process correctly.
This only happens on a CentOS Linux 7, if I run it on a MacOSX, there
are no problems.
I was using Xalan 2.7.1 but I also tested with Xalan 2.7.2 and Xerces
2.11.0 and get same result.
I'm running with jdk1.6, tested both the default IceTea version and the
Oracle jdk 6 and still get the same result.
I increased the heap size to about 8GB but it makes no difference, but
anyway I wasn't getting any out of memory errors.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Carlos

Re: getting chunk of zero bytes in output

Posted by Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
It's very hard to answer this kind of question without seeing the input
and the stylesheet you're running on it. If you can make those available,
you'll probably get answers (or at least suggestions) significantly
faster.

(I had plans to write a "sanitizer" which would take an XML document and a
stylesheet and remove as much information as possible from both while
still -- hopefully -- retaining the same behaviors, to make sharing
failing cases easier. Never got to it.)

"Everything should be as simple as possible. But not simpler." --
attributed to Albert Einstein

From:
Carlos Villegas <ca...@uniscope.jp>
To: