Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sean F <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/12 04:58:19 UTC

Contibuting to the Jakarta Project

Greetings to whomever this may concern,

    I am a student in high school who has for quite some time been using
Tomcat and Apache for school projects, but only recently dared to change the
source code.  More specifically, I was wondering how I could contribute what
I wrote to the Jakarta project.
    The details of my project are that I was using windows 2000 with Apache
2a9 which I compiled with visual c++ 6. Now, what I wanted to do was use
mod_jk with the new Apache server.  Unfortunately, it didn't work so I spent
the time fixing till it did. Currently, I have mod_jk working with Apache
2a9 and Tomcat 3.3m1.
    This is the first time I have done anything of this sort, and I ask
forgiveness if this was sent to the wrong person or anything else that may
be wrong. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction
about what to do with I have, because I feel that I owe the OpenSource
community back for all I have used from them. Any information would be
welcomed. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
  Sean Farley

Re: Contibuting to the Jakarta Project

Posted by Michael McCallum <mi...@spinsoftware.com>.
Try using jedit http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit

if has an html mode that shows on the fly validation.

Michael

Re: Contibuting to the Jakarta Project

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
Jon Stevens wrote:
> I did it for you this time.

Thanks, Jon.

I checked out a fresh copy of jakarta-site2 from the CVS, and this time
it built without a hitch. Not sure what changed in the interim, now that
I can build the Jakarta Website, I can be more help. (Be careful of what
you wish for ... ;-)

For any other NT weenies out there, I also just started using XML-writer
< http://xmlwriter.net/ > to edit all these XML files we use. It has a
built-in validator which is cutting my build/revise/build time by
(literally) a magnitude. I'm still in the trial period, so if anyone has
other suggestions, let me know, and I'll get started on some XML editor
links.

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Re: Contibuting to the Jakarta Project

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/12/01 4:12 PM, "Ted Husted" <ne...@husted.com> wrote:

> This sums up "How to get involved" rather nicely
>
> < http://w4.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Nov/msg00073.html >
>
> It sounds like you might want to share your mod_jk patch with the
> Tomcat-Dev list.

Instead of just repeatedly pasting links here, you should add them to the
website so that we have a nice collection of indexed sharable knowledge.

I did it for you this time.

-jon

Re: Contibuting to the Jakarta Project

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.