Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 03:35:36 UTC

FXG vs SVG

Ok, I don't think it is any secret that Adobe is moving heavily toward web
standards, and that FXG is now gone from the CC applications, not likely to
be back soon.

I've heard rumors they may bring it back as an extension, but likely not as
some of the libraries used are 32 bit and therefore incompatible with the
new 64 bit architecture.

With that in mind, and since it appears the tooling from Adobe is moving
toward SVG, would it behove us to also retool the Flex SDK to work with SVG
natively? That way the workflow between the Adobe tooling and Flex would be
greatly eased. It would also make things easier for FlexJS to reuse any
skins created this way, since little to no conversion would be required. In
my mind, any skins used would also automatically get baked to a
TextureAtlas at compile time, and allow

I'm looking into what it would take to accomplish this task, but I'm
curious to know what the thoughts of the community are on this.

Nick Collins

Re: FXG vs SVG

Posted by Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I didn't see that... I'll have to take a look into it.

Re: FXG vs SVG

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

RE: FXG vs SVG

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Well I believe the SVG support is probably incomplete though.  I remember trying to get simple SVGs in and they never looked right.   I'm guessing support for it would need to be improved.

-Mark