Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2003/08/07 15:44:13 UTC

RE: Velocity vs JSP

Thanks for the strategy and the code fragment.

Without getting into theology, what is the current thinking about JSP versus
Velocity?
As a latecomer to the server side development wars, we have done one fairly
large and complex application in JSP and XML.
The Jetspeed framework looks like it might be easier and more productive
than continuing to develop our own portal architecture.
I was not the coder on the JSP/XML portal but I am getting more technically
involved in the investigation of Jetspeed and Velocity.

Bottom Line question

If I have to prioritize my education (which -for better or worse - drives
the corporate strategy), should I focus on learning Velocity or learn how to
use JSP?
I do not care about "working on my resumé" since I am way too old to make a
living as a programmer. I am only trying to try to keep the company at the
most productive point of the technology spectrum.

I reference to a white paper would be the best anwer to this question.

Ron

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
There are 'width' and 'height' parameters defined in registry. These are
exposed in the portlet customizer if you use 1.4-b5-dev (CVS head).

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

width of IFramePortlet