Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Inger, Matthew" <in...@Synygy.com> on 2003/12/09 18:20:13 UTC

Comitter Process

What is the process and/or requirements to become a
comitter on either commons or commons-sandbox?

I've made a few contributions, and would like to get involved
more.

Re: Comitter Process

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html
gives some info

The main idea is to have a meaningful and sustained contribution to the
project over a period of time. Jakarta does have higher standard than many
other open source communities. But you just need to keep involved in
discussion, and build up a set of contributed patches for people to look at.

Stephen