Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/03/08 19:12:28 UTC

Re: archetype for javafx maven

On 2/26/2020 7:52 AM, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> You are right; I chose javafx-archetype-simple instead of "Simple JavaFX
> Maven Archetype". That runs and debugs out-of-box with no changes. And
> there's Javadoc completion!
>
> However it's achieved, that needs to be the way JavaFX projects work in
> NetBeans.

(Manually loading the archetype into the local repository is not needed;
guess that it just takes a while for archetypes to appear in the catalog)

To insure it's not ambiguous, I've reworked the names while
incorporating latest changes from Gj. You can simple do

 1. New Project > Java with Maven > Project from Archetype
 2. Next
 3. In "Search:" input "netbeans"
 4. You should see under "Known Archetypes:"
    javafx-archetype-fxml-netbeans
    javafx-archetype-simple-netbeans

Run/debug just work. If there are other actions that are useful; lmk.

There is https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1983 to use these
directly for the JavaFX "New Project > Java with Maven" Projects: list
items.

-ernie