Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Steven Dongzhou Liao <li...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/28 02:55:38 UTC

problem to configure Roller in Planet mode

I am having problem to set up roller in Planet mode. I use jdbc for configuration type. It works when planet.aggregator.enabled is false. After I enable planet, I got the following error. It seems that Roller is trying to use jndi to connect to database. Any idea how to set it up correctly?

INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 PlanetConfig:<clinit> - successfully loaded default properties.
INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 PlanetConfig:<clinit> - no custom properties file found in classpath
INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 PlanetConfig:<clinit> - no custom properties file specified via jvm option
INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS: Got parameters. Using configuration type JNDI_NAME
INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using JNDI datasource name: java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb
INFO  2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS: located JNDI DataSource [java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb]
ERROR 2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 DatabaseProvider:errorMessage - ERROR: unable to obtain database connection. Likely problem: bad connection parameters or database unavailable.
FATAL 2008-01-27 17:46:16,437 RollerContext:contextInitialized - Roller Planet startup failed during app preparation
org.apache.roller.planet.business.startup.StartupException: ERROR: unable to obtain database connection. Likely problem: bad connection parameters or database unavailable.
    at org.apache.roller.planet.business.DatabaseProvider.<init>(DatabaseProvider.java:147)

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: problem to configure Roller in Planet mode

Posted by Steven <li...@yahoo.com>.
I found out what was the problem. There is 'Roller
Homepage' theme that I should use to display all the
blogs from Roller. The document says 'Front Page'
theme which is a little bit misleading.

Thanks,
Steven

Posted by Steven <li...@yahoo.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Steven <li...@yahoo.com>.
Dave,
Thanks for the info. I solved the problem by putting
database configuration to planet-customer.properties
as you suggested.

I am still not clear on how to set up a community site
from the documentation. It will be very helpful if the
documentation have steps/example on setting up

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: problem to configure Roller in Planet mode

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.