Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/02 14:26:55 UTC

Re: Fwd: ApacheCon CFP closing soon

Volkan/all,

The organizers of DMC told me, the conference is now a full part of Dutch
PHP Conference (it was already hosted there but under separate branding so
far)
If you're still based in the Netherlands this year, would you like to
propose a DeviceMap talk there?
CFP runs for approx. 2 more weeks this month:
http://www.phpconference.nl/call-for-papers-dpc

The lower part
User experience

   - Mobile UX
   - UX on other platforms and the web
   - Crossplatform UX

Responsive web frontend / native mobile frameworks

   - Phonegap, Titanium Mobile, etc
   - Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, etc
   - Bootstrap, Foundation

Any topic you can imagine, there are no bad submissions

including that last sentence sounds like it's worth a try. PHP is on our
radar for a 2.x upgrade, and W3C itself also provided support for it in the
course of DDR activity, so I guess it would be a good idea to try it,
especially if you are nearby (DWX is only a week before, but if I am in
Central Europe I guess I could join you as co-speaker if you want)
I have not heard from DWX itself about the DeviceMap proposal. As mentioned
it is in a different track, so I was not asked to vote or decide there as
with pure Java topics.

WDYT?
Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Volkan,

thanks for letting us know. I don't think I'd propose something on my own
as I have at least 2 events in one week in June already.
Maybe if you had more time there could be something at ApacheCon Europe
this fall? Let's see where it's going to be.

All the best with your PhD,
Werner

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Werner!