Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/25 19:26:29 UTC

using ant target to run complex db setup functionality

We have an XSD file that we'd like to load into multiple tables in Oracle,
for example.

I wrote a build.xml (ant script) that invokes java code to do this.  The
problem is that I realized that the inserts into the db involve 3 tables,
not just one.  There is a service layer method that parses the XSD and uses
DAO invocations to achieve this.  I'd like to reused this.

How can I use my ant script to work with the existing service layer and DAO
layer code which is currently deployed into Karaf 3.0.0 as a WAB?

I currently have created a new mavenized Eclipse project for the Ant task
code but I can copy it as a new package in the existing service project.
What is the best/easiest way to proceed?

Can a build xml call an ant task (java code) in a WAR or must it call a JAR
directly?  And then does that JAR need to be a bundle and deployed to Karaf
which can then call methods on the WAB (mega-bundle WAR) in same karaf
container?

Re: using ant target to run complex db setup functionality

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
since this is db setup, we just discussed doing this outside of karaf as the
user may not have setup karaf yet.  so i will look into a stand-alone spring
app now.

Re: using ant target to run complex db setup functionality

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
btw, in the bundle-classpath in the manifest.mf for the WAB, the service JAR
is in the WEB-INF/lib dir.  This is the JAR that has the service and DAO
layer code that my ant JAR needs to use.