Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/08 05:55:43 UTC

3 Questions: Versions of Lucene.NET, Replacing DB and Successful Cases

Hi, all,

I have three questions about Lucene.NET as follows.

1) I am using Lucene to index my crawled Web data. Originally, MySQL
was used. I plan to replace it with Lucene.NET. Anybody has such
experiences? I really worry about the performance and the load on the
machines.

2) What's the latest version of Lucene.NET? The link,
http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/, is the only location to get
it?

3) Any successful cases?

Thanks,
LBLabs

Re: 3 Questions: Versions of Lucene.NET, Replacing DB and Successful Cases

Posted by Wayne Douglas <co...@googlemail.com>.
Using NHibernate.Search : The MySql database (i'd prefer sql server
but that's up to you) stores the data. when you insert, update data -
lucene indexes it, stores the index in the traditional format (index
files on disk). The index holds a reference to the location of the
actual data in the db - so retrieving data is no faster or slower than
using file based storage and retrieving is no faster or slower than
standard db reading.

w://

--
Cheers,

w://

Re: 3 Questions: Versions of Lucene.NET, Replacing DB and Successful Cases

Posted by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Douglas <co...@googlemail.com>.