Posted to announce@apache.org by ha...@apache.org on 2012/01/02 03:03:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.0 Released

The Apache Camel project [1] is a powerful open source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns [2].

We didn't want to close 2011 without one more release, the awaited camel-2.9.0. After a few last minute fixes we are glad to announce that Apache Camel 2.9.0 was officially released yesterday, hours before many champagne bottles were opened. The 2.9.0 release comes with another record 497 issues resolved, but this is not surprising as the community continues to grow and we lengthened the release cycle for minor releases.

The artifacts are now available in the Maven Central Repository and the official distribution is available for download [3] from the Apache site and its mirrors. The new features, improvements and fixes are too many to mention here, so please check the release notes [4] for details.

Many thanks to all the contributors. We wish you a happy and prosperous 2012!
Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/
[2] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
[4] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
[3] http://camel.apache.org/camel-290-release.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.0 Released

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/01/2012 09:03 PM, hadrian@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> The Apache Camel project [1] is a powerful open source integration
>> framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns [2].
>>
>> We didn't want to close 2011 without one more release, the awaited
>> camel-2.9.0. After a few last minute fixes we are glad to announce that
>> Apache Camel 2.9.0 was officially released yesterday, hours before many
>> champagne bottles were opened. The 2.9.0 release comes with another record
>> 497 issues resolved, but this is not surprising as the community continues
>> to grow and we lengthened the release cycle for minor releases.
>>
>> The artifacts are now available in the Maven Central Repository and the
>> official distribution is available for download [3] from the Apache site and
>> its mirrors. The new features, improvements and fixes are too many to
>> mention here, so please check the release notes [4] for details.
>>
>> Many thanks to all the contributors. We wish you a happy and prosperous
>> 2012!
>> Hadrian
>>
>> [1] http://camel.apache.org/
>> [2] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
>> [4] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
>> [3] http://camel.apache.org/camel-290-release.html
>

> For the release to be complete, there are a few more manual steps like
> uploading the javadoc on the site and the pdf manual. I'll take care of them
> tomorrow.

Hadrian.

Did you ever get a chance to update the javadoc, its still 2.7.0 as
far as I can see today.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.0 Released

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.