Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com> on 2016/11/12 20:11:44 UTC

Current status - getting ready for RC

Shad, I copy pasted this from an email you sent on another thread:

List of (known) sections remaining to port/complete for release:

1. Lucene.Net.Analysis.Collation (Namespace in Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common)
2. Lucene.Net.Highlighter
3. Lucene.Net.Store (Namespace in Lucene.Net.Misc - Native (C++)
directories for Unix and Windows - important??)
4. Lucene.Net.Spatial (currently WIP)
5. Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.Flexible (Namespace in Lucene.Net.QueryParser)

Other useful packages not yet ported that are not critical for release:

1. Lucene.Net.Analysis.ICU
2. Lucene.Net.Analysis.Kuromoji
3. Lucene.Net.Analysis.Morfologik
4. Lucene.Net.Analysis.Phonetic
5. Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn
6. Lucene.Net.Analysis.UIMA
7. Lucene.Net.Demo

In order for us to move towards an RC and nuget pre-release faster, I think
our plan of attack should be as follows:

1. Finish porting Spatial & Highlighter
2. Fix packages description and owners info (Wyatt said he is on it)
3. Push all sub-projects to nuget as pre-release
4. Finish fixing all tests
5. Finalize .NET Core support
6. Remove ICU dependency completely if we can't fix the current issues. We
can release an Analysis.Common.ICU package that takes dependency of ICU,
but the Analysis.Common one needs to work everywhere with no issues.
7. Push to nuget again, and announce a RC
8. Lucene.Net.Store from Misc, Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.Flexible,
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Collation
and the rest of the Lucene.Net.Analysis.* packages that weren't ported yet
are not in any priority. We can avoid porting them at all for now, or port
them after an official release based on demand.
9. Lucene.Net.Demo is not needed, we will be posting demos and tutorials
that will cover it much better

WDYT?

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko