Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 14:27:25 UTC

Re: GSoC Project idea "roller-abdera"

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Gayani Kanchana
<ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I like to implement the Roller-Abdera project listed in your idea list. I am
>  currently studying at a university and has played with the stuff like Java,
>  Jsp, Web Bloging , RSS, Atom and a little Abdera. I am very keen on
>  implementing this project. As i have a good experience with Atom  I hope to
>  use Abdera to successfully expose Atom feeds as an alternative to ROME.

Since proposing this project I read that James Snell of the Abdera
project may be able to contribute an existing Abdera-based AtomPub
implementation for Roller in the near future.

If that is the case, this project would be redundant. However, I
wouldn't want to hold off on development of a nice Abdera-based
AtomPub implementation for Roller in hopes of one that may never
arrive.

James, can you say anything about the possibility or timing of an
Abdera-Roller contribution? If such a contribution were made, would it
use the new Abdera 0.4 server framework. If not, I wonder: would
integrating/upgrading your implementation be a suitable GSoC project?

- Dave

Re: GSoC Project idea "roller-abdera"

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've been a bit held up by some day job stuff but will see if I can get
this moving within the next couple of weeks.  One issue with the code is
that it is based on a Roller 3.x codestream.  It will need to be updated
to the latest trunk.

- James

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Gayani Kanchana
>  <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  I like to implement the Roller-Abdera project listed in your idea list. I am
>  >  currently studying at a university and has played with the stuff like Java,
>  >  Jsp, Web Bloging , RSS, Atom and a little Abdera. I am very keen on
>  >  implementing this project. As i have a good experience with Atom  I hope to
>  >  use Abdera to successfully expose Atom feeds as an alternative to ROME.

Gayani,

Oh, and I forgot to say: great! I'm very glad to hear you are
interested in this project. It sounds like you have the right
experience and interests to do a good job.

Thanks,
- Dave