Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Marziou, Gael" <ga...@hp.com> on 2006/11/16 16:39:13 UTC

Tomcat5.exe from 5.5.20 is half the size of 5.5.17, any change log to read?

Hello,

Tomcat5.exe from 5.5.20 is half the size of 5.5.17 but I can't find any
change mentioned in Tomcat's change log page.

Is there a place to find out what has changed?

Thanks,

Gael

RE: Tomcat5.exe from 5.5.20 is half the size of 5.5.17, any change log to read?

Posted by "Marziou, Gael" <ga...@hp.com>.
Thanks.

Do you know if it's actively supported?

I submitted a bug report 2 months ago (maybe in the worng place) and got
no feedback.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-86

I also would like to submit an enhancement request to be able to set the
processor affinity mask from the procrun monitor GUI.

Best regards,
Gael

> Tomcat5.exe from 5.5.20 is half the size of 5.5.17 but I can't find
> any change mentioned in Tomcat's change log page.
>
> Is there a place to find out what has changed?

There is no change.
The latest build used dynamically linked MSVCRT, while the previous was
having that statically linked.
That's why the size is much smaller
(uses system msvcrt.dll)

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Tomcat5.exe from 5.5.20 is half the size of 5.5.17, any change log to read?

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.