Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos <li...@lpis.com> on 2000/12/22 16:17:25 UTC

tomcat and wml

anybody can say me what must i to append to the web.xml file for using wml?
thanks
Carlos

Re: tomcat and wml

Posted by Christoph Fischer <cf...@bb-sw.de>.
You have to add the following mime-types
For .WML files: "text/vnd.wap.wml"
                      For .WMLC files: "application/vnd.wap.wmlc"
                      For .WMLS files: "text/vnd.wap.wmlscript"
                      For .WMLSC files: "application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc"
                      For .WBMP files: "image/vnd.wap.wbmp"
e.g.
    <mime-mapping> <!-- WAP/WML mime -->
        <extension>
            wml
        </extension>
        <mime-type>
            text/vnd.wap.wml
        </mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>
            wbmp
        </extension>
        <mime-type>
            image/vnd.wap.wbmp
        </mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
etc...
anyway with tomcat 3.2 I wasn't able to transfer pictures anymore.
If you find a solution let me know.

Chris