Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sumit Verma <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 06:34:33 UTC

Max times values are very High

Hi,

I have run a performance tests for my service. I can see response times at
my service ends are well within 1 sec but in the Jmeter aggregate reports
max time values are very high(more 60 secs).

What could be the reasons for such high numbers?

Thanks in Advance.
Sumit Verma

RE: Max times values are very High

Posted by Bob Small <bo...@blackboard.com>.
As well as traceroute (tracert) command line and see if the hops report errors to the end point.

Bob Small<ma...@blackboard.com>
QA Automation

Development
Blackboard Transact

T: 602.752.6301
blackboard.com/transact<https://blackboard.com/transact>

[BbTS-logo-email]<https://blackboard.com/transact>

From: Sumit Verma <su...@gmail.com>>
To: JMeter Users List <us...@jmeter.apache.org>>
Date: 09/26/2017 01:48 PM

________________________________

Hi Bob,

Thanks for responding.
We are using New Relic to monitor service timings. At service end, I could
not find any request with time > 800 ms. But at client(Jmeter) end, some
requests are surprisingly taking more than 10 seconds. Could it be
limitation of Jmeter?

Thanks,
Sumit

Posted by Bo Bodnar <bb...@us.ibm.com>.
Now we've details as to the experiments.  Perhaps, you're seeing network
issues?  I'd run something like t-shark or wireshark on the computer
running jmeter and see what it shows.  Out network guru has seen something
like this happen very infrequently during controlled experiments.  The root
cause was either a misconfigured switch or router in the core network.
I've also seen similar things with optic networks where the laser in the
NIC begins to degrade; a symptom is a burst of TCP timeouts.

BB

   Bohdan L. Bodnar
   Lead Performance Engineer
   1-312-871-5163