Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Muhammad Zahid Iqbal <za...@northbaysolutions.net> on 2018/01/26 13:23:22 UTC

***UNCHECKED*** Limit Solr search to number of character/words (without changing index)

Hi All,

Is there any way I can restrict Solr search query to look for specified
number of characters/words (for only searching purposes not for
highlighting)

*For example:*

*Indexed content:*
*I am a man of my words I am a lazy man...........*

Search to consider only below mentioned (words=7 or characters=16)
*I am a man of my words*

If I search for *lazy *no record should find.
If I search for *a *1 record should find.

Thanks
Zahid Iqbal