Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eulogio Robles <eu...@mi.cl> on 2003/05/01 01:23:44 UTC

Strange session timeout

I'm running Tomcat 4.1.24 / JDK 1.4.1_01-b01, on Linux Redhat.

I'm getting some OutOfMemory exceptions, and we see a large number of
active sessions. The app is used by a few internal users.
When I list the application on the manager, I see this :

OK - Session information for application at context path /myapp
Default maximum session inactive interval 3600 minutes
>=600 minutes:271 sessions

However, If I deploy it on a different server (Compaq Tru64), same Tomcat binarym
with identical web.xml and server.xml files, I get this :

OK - Session information for application at context path /myapp
Default maximum session inactive interval 30 minutes
30 - <40 minutes:7 sessions

The web.xml app file has a session timeout parameter :
<session-config>
        <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

The session Manager for the Context is this :

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
algorithm="MD5" checkInterval="60" debug="3"
duplicates="0" expiredSessions="0"
maxActive="119" maxActiveSessions="1000"
maxInactiveInterval="1800" pathname="SESSIONS.ser"
randomClass="java.security.SecureRandom" rejectedSessions="0"
sessionCounter="53">

My question, what I'm missing? How do I set the session timeout to 30 minutes?

best regards,

E. Robles
Metropolis Intercom

Re: Strange session timeout

Posted by Charles So <ch...@mac.com>.
I tried putting another session timeout line in JSP/servlet file, and
found that this line will out ride other settings such as server.xml,
and web.xml

RE: Strange session timeout

Posted by mike jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.