Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 13:58:46 UTC

Hadoop storage file format

Hello everyone,

I have a very basic question. Besides sequence file format (
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/io/SequenceFile.html),
are there any other built-in file format supported by Hadoop

thanks in advance,
Lin

Re: Hadoop storage file format

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mohammad,

I read through the documents, and they are very informative. After reading
them, I have one more very basic concept question coming to my mind, what
are the differences and relationship between HDFS and various file format
-- sequence file (map file based on it), HAR file? I think the answer is,
HDFS is the foundation file system, we can put raw binary file upload to
HDFS (without using sequence file, HAR file, etc.), and we can also use
some special designed file format based on HDFS -- like sequence file (map
file based on it), HAR file. Is that correct understanding? Thanks in
advance.

regards,
Lin

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.