Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Catalin Rotaru <ca...@zappmobile.ro> on 2002/08/31 13:41:27 UTC

Line Counter task

    Hi,

    I wrote a simple Ant task that generates statistics (number of files and
number of lines) on the source files of the project. If there's any interest
in this, I'd be glad to submit the code.

    Best regards,
    Cata

    Sample output:

[lc] Files of type "java": 2 => 337 lines.
[lc] Files of type "properties": 1 => 10 lines.
[lc] --------------------------------------------
[lc] TOTAL files: 3 => 347 lines.

    Sample usage:

<!-- ==================== Declare Target
================================== -->

  <target name="declare" depends="compile"
   description="Declare the additional Ant task(s).">
    <taskdef name="lc"
     classname="com.rotaru.anttask.LineCounter"
     classpath="build"/>
  </target>

  <target name="lc" depends="declare"
   description="Count the number of lines in the current project.">
    <lc>
      <fileset dir="src">
        <exclude name="**/.*.swp"/>
      </fileset>