Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andrew Pietsch <ap...@optushome.com.au> on 2002/11/11 00:47:22 UTC

RE: Question about vertical-align in flowText extension

Hi again,

I've now decided I need this.. )c:  I'm presuming the final
implementation is still someway off, so is there any change of adding it
(since you feel its easy) or pointing me in the right direction so I can
implement it?

Thanks
Andrew

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

AP> Well it seems to work.  I did a *tiny* bit of refactoring (I'm
AP> using intellij) and renamed cRect currentRegion as well as the
AP> naming changes you suggested.

AP> I tried to run the test targets but they all failed due to missing
AP> classes, InternetAddress being one if I remember correctly.  Is
AP> this normal?

    Regard (our test tool) is tied into the java mail api's, so you
need to install the java mail standard extension to compile it.

    http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

AP> How would you like me to send you the changes?

    The best way is the output of 'cvs diff -wu' on UNIX if you work
on windows I'm guessing there is something similar.

RE: Question about vertical-align in flowText extension

Posted by Andrew Pietsch <ap...@optushome.com.au>.

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

Posted by Andrew Pietsch <ap...@optushome.com.au>.
Howdy,

I've managed to get the rendering working (for the simple cases of top,
bottom and middle), but I'm a little unsure how to package the align
attribute in SVGFlowTextElementBridge.  It seems to me that the
vertical-align attribute should belong to the <batik:region> element,
which is currently converted to a Rectangle2D.  I'm guessing that the

Posted by Andrew Pietsch <ap...@optushome.com.au>.

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.