Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2014/09/04 00:37:57 UTC

draft announcement for squiggly

Hi,

Will send out in a day or two once the mirrors have got it.

Do we want to do a blog post?

Any feedback, edits etc before I do?

Thanks,
Justin

Draft Announcement:

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex Squiggly 1.0

Apache Flex Squiggly is an ActionScript spell checking library for the
Apache Flex SDK.

This application is based on work donated by Adobe. We welcome feedback
and contributions to it from the wider Apache Flex community.

The Apache Flex TourDeFlex is available in source and binary from from the
following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flex/squiggly/1.0

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

Re: draft announcement for squiggly

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1.  A link to the README would be nice.

Can do.

> 2.  The mirrors are not populated yet, FYI.  A couple of mirrors I tried
> gave me 404s.

Yep will take a minimum of 24 hours. I'm not sending it out before then.

> 3.  A link to the github mirror would be nice.  Will hopefully encourage
> people to fork and contribute.

OK.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: draft announcement for squiggly

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> TourDeFlex should be replaced by Squiggly and please remove extra "from"
> from the sentence.

Just a copy and paste error, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks.
Justin

Re: draft announcement for squiggly

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.