Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dori <do...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/24 17:30:20 UTC

files under web-inf not found

Hello all, i am relativly new to tomcat so please bear with me. I have a
servlet under web-inf/classes/com/mysite/myservlet.class, it refernces a
class in another package (say com/variation/class1.class) and everything
works fine, but another class it references (say
com/variation2/class2.class) in a differnt package gives me a
classdefnotfounderror at runtime. The relavent *.class files are definatly
present and found at the correct paths, are all .class files under
web-inf/classes/* not added to the classpath by default and there visable to
any instantiated servlets? If not, what should i know regarding this?

Thanks for any help,

Dori

Re: files under web-inf not found

Posted by dori <do...@googlemail.com>.
Ah solved, the class could be found but it couldnt find other classes, the
error message threw me!

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: dori [mailto:dorian.cussen@googlemail.com]
> Subject: files under web-inf not found
>
> I have a servlet under web-inf/classes/com/mysite/myservlet.class

First: tell us your Tomcat version, the JVM level you're using, and the platform you're running on.

Second: the directory name is WEB-INF, not web-inf; case matters.

 - Chuck

RE: files under web-inf not found

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
please display contents of /WEB-INF/web.xml

Martin

> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:30:20 -0700
> From: dorian.cussen@googlemail.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: files under web-inf not found
>

> Hello all, i am relativly new to tomcat so please bear with me. I have a
> servlet under web-inf/classes/com/mysite/myservlet.class, it refernces a
> class in another package (say com/variation/class1.class) and everything
> works fine, but another class it references (say
> com/variation2/class2.class) in a differnt package gives me a
> classdefnotfounderror at runtime. The relavent *.class files are definatly
> present and found at the correct paths, are all .class files under
> web-inf/classes/* not added to the classpath by default and there visable to
> any instantiated servlets? If not, what should i know regarding this?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Dori

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.