Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dan Crosta <da...@magnetic.com> on 2013/04/25 17:25:29 UTC

What are the appropriate steps before performing hardware maintenance?

We have to perform maintenance on one of our HDFS DataNode/HBase Regionserver machines for a few hours. What are the right steps to take before doing the maintenance in order to ensure limited  impact to the cluster and (thrift) clients of the cluster, both for HDFS and HBase?

After the maintenance, are there any special steps required to add the node back to the cluster, or can we simply restart the services and HDFS/HBase take care of the rest?

Thanks,
- Dan

Re: What are the appropriate steps before performing hardware maintenance?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Moving to scm-users@cloudera.org then (hbase in BCC).

Hi Dan,

The best way to know how to achieve this with Cloudera Manager is to
ask on the scm-users list.

I'm net yet enough used to CM to reply to your question so I will let
someone else confirm.

JMS

Posted by Dan Crosta <da...@magnetic.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.