Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Monty Ree <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/11 08:05:04 UTC

lots of messages in maillogs at SA 3.0

Hello, all.

I have upgraded SA 3.0.2 at linux+sendmail.
after that, I have found that so lots of messages at /var/log/maillog like
below.
AFAIK, these messages are useless for me and thess eat some resources like
CPU, HDD..etc.. .
So is there any method to disable these messages?

Thanks in advance.

### spamd message when I recveive one mail ###

spamd[11609]: connection from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] at port
44810
spamd[11609]: info: setuid to ytkim70 succeeded
spamd[11609]: processing message <TE...@yahoo.com> for
ytkim70:2890.
spamd[11609]: identified spam (27.0/8.0) for ytkim70:2890 in 0.0 seconds,
1628 bytes.
samd[11609]: result: Y 27 -
CG_hm_MSGID_SPAM2,DOMAIN_RATIO,FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML,FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS,HEAD_ILLEGAL_CHARS,HTML_90_100,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_08,HTML_MESSAGE,LOC_BADYAHOOMSGID2,MIME_BOUND_DD_DIGITS,MIME_HTML_ONLY,MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI,MISSING_MIMEOLE,MPART_ALT_DIFF,MSGID_SPAM_CAPS,MSGID_YAHOO_CAPS,RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO,SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
scantime=0.0,size=1628,mid=<TE...@yahoo.com>,autolearn=failed

상큼한 만남과 따뜻한 공동체 생활...  지금 MSN 커뮤니티에서 시작하세요!
http://groups.msn.com/?pgmarket=ko-kr

Re: lots of messages in maillogs at SA 3.0

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 02:05 AM 2/11/2005, Monty Ree wrote:
>I have upgraded SA 3.0.2 at linux+sendmail.
>after that, I have found that so lots of messages at /var/log/maillog like
>below.
>AFAIK, these messages are useless for me and thess eat some resources like
>CPU, HDD..etc.. .
>So is there any method to disable these messages?

I'm not 100% sure, as I do not use spamd, but you can probably disable all
spamd logging with the following parameter to spamd:

--syslog-socket=none