Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/03/07 22:36:42 UTC

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did some work today to port Vysper to MINA 2.0 M5

Did some thread archeology :-) What's the status of the MINA 2.0 port
of Vysper, are we ready to merge it into trunk?

/niklas

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 09:57, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am just worried about the documentation part.. I guess we are nowhere :(
>>> we would atleast need something to get the users started.
>>
>> Agreed. At minimum, I think we need a Getting started tutorial.
>
> +1.
>
> There is still content left at Lab's cwiki.
> I'll take the task of adding some doc.

i think we migrated all the stuff. I am not really very sure.. lets
confirm once more, I am getting old  :(
We can hijack the MINA2 wiki design.. choose a color and get going..

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 09:57, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am just worried about the documentation part.. I guess we are nowhere :(
>> we would atleast need something to get the users started.
>
> Agreed. At minimum, I think we need a Getting started tutorial.

+1.

There is still content left at Lab's cwiki.
I'll take the task of adding some doc.

  Bernd

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok.. When are we planning a Vysper release?
>
> Given the current discussion on the other thread, I think we could
> start a vote any day now.

:) Great !

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I remember, the porting was done. There were a few errors I
> was struggling with, but they were sorted by Bernd I guess.
> We should be gud to go.. A build could be the best way to find out.

The MINA 2.0 branch has been merged into Vysper trunk, seems to be
working but please try it out.

/niklas

Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0 M5

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oh It was me.. its long time back :)

As far as I remember, the porting was done. There were a few errors I
was struggling with, but they were sorted by Bernd I guess.
We should be gud to go.. A build could be the best way to find out.

My old machine is gone, so I can't tell you straight away.

thanks
ashish