Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by buckofive <kl...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/04 01:08:26 UTC

Re: [T5] tapestry-hibernate and transactions

Hi guys,

I have run into a related issue.  I am using a thrid party library which
creates transactions, commits and also performs rollbacks internally.   When
ever a transaction is rolledback in the third party library I later see a
hibernate exception in the log file:

org.hibernate.TransactionException: Transaction not successfully started
	at
org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.rollback(JDBCTransaction.java:149)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.hibernate.HibernateSessionManagerImpl.threadDidCleanup(HibernateSessionManagerImpl.java:65)

ThreadDidCleanup looks like this in tapestry-hibernate:

    public void threadDidCleanup()
    {
        transaction.rollback();

        session.close();
    }

The problem is because threadDidCleanup() is not checking to see if it's
internal reference has already been rolled back (somewhere else) before
calling rollback (via Transaction.wasRolledback()).

I'm not sure if I should file a new JIRA or re-open
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2454. Please advise.

thanks,