Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by boraldo <bo...@mail.ru> on 2011/05/30 14:08:54 UTC

Lucene: is it possible to search with an error in one letter?

I have a document with text "pencil". I want to search it using query
"pencel". Or vica versa.
Is it possible ?

Re: Lucene: is it possible to search with an error in one letter?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
If you want to allow for any single character "change", you can use
FuzzyQuery.  EG, pencil~1 allows for 1 character change, pencil~2
allows for 2.

Note that FuzzyQuery is very costly in 3.x, but is substantially (eg
factor of 100 times)  faster in trunk / 4.0.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,